Launched in late 2019, Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company's streaming platform and home to many of its iconic entertainment brands. On the platform, you'll find content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Some of the more well-known shows include The Mandalorian, Andor and Loki, to name a few, but there's tons of great content to enjoy beyond Star Wars and Marvel.
If you're a fan of Disney's entertainment, you likely already have a subscription to the service, but if you're just now looking to subscribe, here's everything you need to know.
Disney+ Plan Pricing
Like many of its competitors, Disney+ offers multiple plans to choose from with varying tiers of pricing. You can opt to subscribe only to Disney+, or you can bundle Disney+ with some of Disney's other streaming services such as Hulu and ESPN+.
If you're only looking to subscribe to Disney+, there are three options available:
- Disney+ Basic ($7.99/month): The most basic and affordable option, this offers Disney+ for just $7.99 a month. The trade-off is that you'll have ads.
- Disney+ Premium ($10.99/month): The Premium plan removes these ads for an extra $3 a month.
- Disney+ Premium Annual (109.99/year): For those of you who don't like paying month-to-month, there's an annual plan option that is actually cheaper in overall cost. If you switch to the annual subscription for Disney+ Premium, you'll pay $109.99 for the year, which comes out to about $9.16 per month with no ads. If you have the money, it might be worth splurging now to save overall.
Disney+ Bundle Pricing
In addition to the basic Disney+ subscription, there are also various bundles available that include Disney's other streaming services: Hulu and ESPN+.
Hulu is home to a number of popular TV shows and movies. There's a mix of adult animated series, reality TV, cooking competition shows and true crime documentaries. Hulu is also known for its award-winning originals like The Handmaid’s Tale, Dopesick and Only Murders in the Building.
ESPN+ is the streaming extension for Disney's basic cable sports channel, ESPN. For those who have cut the cord or simply want access to even more sports content, ESPN+ is home to live events, original studio shows and acclaimed series.
When Disney+ first launched, you could get all three -- Disney+ (no ads), Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ (with ads) -- for $14.99 per month. That's now the Legacy Disney Bundle and is no longer available. Now there are only three Disney Bundles available, and all three are on a per-month payment.
- Disney Bundle Duo Basic ($9.99/month): The most affordable option, this bundle includes Disney+ and Hulu, both with ads.
- Disney Bundle Trio Basic ($12.99/month): This includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, all with ads, for $12.99 per month.
- Disney Bundle Trio Premium ($19.99/month): This bundle removes the ads from Disney+ and Hulu, but still includes them with ESPN+.
It's worth noting that ESPN+ will only remove ads from on-demand content. Because live sports often have commercial timeouts built in, streams of live games will still show ads.
As of right this writing, these are all of the different Disney+ plans and bundles available.