Does it really matter which way you turn at the end of Main Street? Not really but if you are a savvy early riser and have your choice, going right is probably the right decision.
Where is Tomorrowland?
Tomorrowland is one of the four areas of Magic Kingdom. It is located, as we said, the right at Cinderella Castle. Go over the bridge and you will arrive. Once in Tomorrowland, the area will turn to the left and you will pass the race cars. It ends just past that attraction.
What is Tomorrowland?
This is the part of the park that Walt Disney saw as a look into the future. His original decision was to be a city of the future. When that didn't happen, it would later become the backbone idea that would lead to EPCOT.
Tomorrowland is home to several big rides and one of the main reasons we suggest going to this part of the park first when you arrive.
RIDES and Attractions? Enough to keep you busy early and beat the crowds!
- Space Mountain - inside the white can't-miss dome, take a ride on one of the oldest and still better rollercoasters at Disney. This inside ride still holds on to it's original build.
- Tron: Light Cycle Run - Located next to and behind Space Mountain, Disney's newest rollercoaster is a speeding bullet of a ride that is part outside and part inside.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority AKA The People Mover - This slow moving attraction takes guests around Tomorrowland on a continuous train-like car. The ride winds in and out of several other attractions including Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This ride is fun for all ages. Climb aboard a space-car and take aim with you laser gun to knock out the alien master Zurg. Tally your points at the end and see if you beat the other in the car with you or your family and friends!
- Astro Orbiter - High above Tomorrowland you will see the Orbiter spin over the area. It is located above The People Mover and is a similar ride to that of the Magic Carpet and Dumbo but for older kids and adults.
- Tomorrowland Speedway - Take control of your own race car on this speedway! Jump into a two-seater vehicle that you control and race around the track as you try to beat other racers! No worries, this ride is for kids of all ages but they still need to be a certain height to ride themselves.
- Carousel of Progress - Ride the very first imagined ride that was a staple of the Worlds Fair. Walt Disney helped design the circular slow mover and after the Worlds Fair, moved it to Magic Kingdom. Here you will learn a little about the past and maybe something about the future as well! Afterall, it's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
- Monster's Inc, Laugh Factory - After spending their time scaring up energy, the monsters from Monster's Inc, now fill up on laughter...sometimes at your expense! Here you will take a seat in an auditorium (air-conditioned) and enjoy a comedy show like no other!
Dining in Tomorrowland? Plenty of options for even the pickier eaters!
- Joffrey's Coffee and Tea - A quick service coffee bar!
- The Lunching Pad - A great place to grab a bite to eat!
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe' - A fast food style restaurant that serves burgers, fries, chicken, and more!
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant - A table service style diner.
- Energy Bytes - quick snacks
- Cool Ship - Drinks and snacks